Supersonic 3D Printing
Thanks for registering for SPEE3D’s 2019 Supersonic 3D Printing Design Challenge.
We at SPEE3D wanted to allow as much freedom as possible for you to express your design skills, so the rules are simple.
- Your design must be manufacturable in one of either our LightSPEE3D or WarpSPEE3D machine.
- The specifications along with the design rules for each machine, are available below.
How to enter
1. Download and read the ENTRY FORM
2. Create your design
We would like you to come up with a design for a part, assembly or art piece that can be printed from our materials on one of our machines.
Our machines allow parts to be made in either pure Copper or in Aluminium 6061.
3. Submit your completed entry form and design via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission is made to email@example.com, and must include the completed ENTRY FORM with a clear description of your design and how it should be used, along with an image of your design. This could be anything from a photographed napkin sketch to a detailed CAD model and associated toleranced drawing.
Judging of all valid Competition Applications will be conducted by a panel of judges nominated by SPEE3D.
Points are awarded 50% for design skill and 50% for suitability to our 3D printing process. We have several case studies available above for parts that we consider to have high merit, as we believe the best way to teach is by example.
Each category of Judging Criteria will be weighted equally and will determine the top three entries in each of the two Competition Classes (Industry and Research).
Read the FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS
Challenge entries close: July 31, 2019
Winners will be notified via email by August 8, 2019
The top three entrants in each class will receive:
- Free 3D metal print of entrant’s winning design
- SPEE3D training and SP3D design certificate
- Six months FREE access to SPEE3D’s printing simulator software
The top entrant in each class will also WIN a GPD Pocket 2 Amber Black Micro PC.
We will post updates here as the challenge progresses, but please contact firstname.lastname@example.org address if you need any assistance.
We look forward to seeing your completed designs!
The SPEE3D Team